Tuesday 10 June 2008

Keeping Track

As I said yesterday, my task for the next few weeks is keeping track of my boys ... which is not the same as watching them play, but hey, as long as they run around beaches half-naked, I'm fine!


Before I present you my current round-up of their whereabouts, I've got a brilliant story about the man who is responsible for my boys not being united in Switzerland/Austria - Stupid Steve.

Of course he made it to those two countries nevertheless ... but this story not just put a smile on my face... it had me rolling around with laughter!

Steve McClaren - now working for Five Live as a pundit - had a rather embarrassing incident when it came to getting his media accreditation badge which every journalist - ooh, that's gotta hurt, Steve - needs to cover the tournament.

The nice UEFA official kept saying: "I'm sure I recognise you... aren't you...? Oh, that's right, didn't you used to manage Ireland?"

hehehehehe... I feel like sending that kid some flowers! I'm sure it wasn't a real UEFA official, but a volunteer ... now Special K, if you read this, you know what to say, when you meet him ... ehm yeah, and you know all those other things too (Wayne as lone striker, DB dropped, Jamie as right-back, Gaz as wingback, no proper psychological assessment, Max Clifford...)!


but enough about him, let's have a look where my boys are at!

6. David - USA playing for LA Galaxy

5. Joe Cole - half-naked in Barbados with Carly

4. Crouchy - half-naked in St. Bart's with Abbey

3. JT - Disneyland, Florida talking to Minnie

2. Wayne - last week Ibiza for his stag-do, now in Italy with Colleen for his wedding


but the winner is...


1. Rio - in Nigeria for charity reasons, being made "Chief Fiwagboye" by King Akiolu

(fiwagboye: "character maketh wealth")


I see the new England Captain! Chief Rio! I heart you, love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

brilliant story! maybe stupid steve shows up some day in basel. i'd love to greet him with: aren't you the guy who used to manage ireland...?
btw: arsène wenger was around today actually. but i was to professional to ask him for an autograph etc. i rather took some blurry pictures from the distance...

Anonymous said...

blurry pictures... I like! hihi...