Monday 26 November 2007

The End's Not Near, It's Here

It was time to leave the old factory behind and move on. After 2 years, 518 posts, 6347 visits and 3 different personalities, I thought it was time to do what all the cool kidz do nowadays and quit ... to make a new start.

I was very amused to see Victoria Newton quit The Sun's Bizarre column 2 days later with the same words I used...


"It's time to grow up!"

I tried to change the old factory once because I wasn't happy about how it was going, coz it seemed too specialized in a way. The change was half-hearted though... how could it have been any different, as I had no idea where I wanted to take it.

So I thought about what to do for a long time and then the cool kidz called it a day and I thought "damn, that's IT, this is what I want to do"...

And because I can never really keep my mouth shut, I left the old factory open and posted away in nostalgica while I was feverishly skipping through estate agents' property lists in search for a better factory. In the end I came back to my trusted agent and acquired a dusty, run down factory just down the road from the old one. So while still keeping business open at the old place, I secretly sneaked away and started a major construction project at the new marvellous factory. I began by chucking all the junk out, I repaired the walls, build in new windows and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned. It started to look really nice and bright as natural light was flooding through the old building. All that was left to do was re-decoration. The painting was a really easy process as the colour concept had been in my mind for months. New furniture was bought and I chose to leave everything simple but cosy.

The new factory was ready to go into business and it was time to close the old one... a glass of Gin helped and I posted a last time and estinguished the fire in the old fireplace. And because I can never throw anything away, the old factory became something like a self-storage unit. So everything is still there and if I ever need any of my old stuff I can go there and get it. Perfect!

So here we are ... a clean cut, a new start. You might ask, what will be different, where is this going and will this be any good?

The truth is I don't know! I have a few ideas about where this is going though. Some things will stay the same, some things will be different. If it works out we will see!

Now I'm pretty tired from all the relocation work, so let me light the new fireplace for the first time and sit down in that comfy armchair beside it with a cup of tea and a good book.

x x x factory girl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

loving the graphic, not sure about the colour...seems a little...well...dark? besides that I´m quite delighted to witness your reinvention...and surprised (quite unusual for me nowadays). And Yeah; I SO can´t believe Victoria left us!!!!

factory girl said...

yeah and she is replaced with Gordon ... who is all tits and ass and stuff. Who will now bring me immortal sentences about Steven Gerrard?!

Well, we will see how it works out... I remember I wasn't too happy when Victoria took over from Dominic (whom I had followed religiously for 2 years) and then all turn out rather well...