Sunday 23 December 2007

I'm Like a Yorkshire Cat

Just to wrap up the story ... the exam went well, now I just need the tutor to agree. There are just 3 more exams and my dissertation to go.

In the last days of studying I spent the few hours of day that actually offered sunlight on my windowsill and yes I studied, but part of me felt like one of those cats who sit in windows and stare at the people outside... and what can I say we have quite a busy street. Plus I noticed something I hadn't before ... the people across from us have turned their balcony into a buddhist garden ...



Now, had I seen this 2 years ago, I wouldn't have noticed. I'd just have thought they are drying facecloths or something ... but hell, they aren't and I love them for it, cos everytime I look overthere now it reminds me of how I travelled to every corner of Yorkshire last year - which makes me grin like a Cheshire Cat ... though hihi, make me a Yorkshire Cat.

Their balcony is my Harewood House!

Just outside Leeds is the brilliant Harewood House with its fantastic gardens ... and inside that garden (that so deserves its own post) they have a buddhist garden hidden somewhere.


I thought it was quite eccentric at the time ... but now I think it is a lot less eccentric than having a buddhist garden on your apartment's balcony in the middle of Berlin.

those flags were very pretty ...


I just found out that they are Tibetan Prayer Flags ... and they are said to bring happiness, long life and prosperity to the flag planter and those in the vicinity, well, I think that includes me, I mean they are basically just outside my window ... brilliant!

No comments: