Monday 21 January 2008

If astro.com Says So

My flatmate, the Miaudonna, got very excited yesterday when she realized that astro.com thinks that she will find her true love in Las Vegas ... and when I checked ...well, Vegas it is for me too. Weird!

Now, I wanted to go to Vegas this summer to celebrate my graduation, but I had to accept that no-one would travel with me and that let's face it, it will be winter until I graduate, so I settled for an 8-day ca-raaazy spring trip to Cornwall instead and I'm looking forward to it very much.

I've been trying to think about what is more eccentric, coz that is key to me. Now that Celine is gone from Vegas it seems a lot less eccentric ... though if you do Vegas right it can be bloody eccentric, but then a lot of obesed Americans are doing the same.
Our Cornwall trip will be definitly quite eccentric, as I will want to stop at all the pre-historic healing stones to search healing for my crippled arm ... Men-an-Tol, I'm coming! There is so much to do from tin mines to cyder farms ... and it is Britain, which we LOVE! Of course it loses eccentricity because of all the other german tourists who are looking for Rosamunde Pilcher...

However, the miaudonna and me are definitly going to Vegas to find our big love there one day, when we can afford it. A big part in those financial plans plays the idea to win 5000 Euros by calling in on the german I'm a Celeb season and voting for our favourite Barbara (who we would like to adopt as our crazy aunt!).

So anyway, I was interested to see what I would find concerning my future in the North and well, I couldn't believe it:


See that red line going directly through Leeds and Manchester? Well, it is my Mars Line and it says, that being in this region channels my entire power into my profession, social success and prestige. My strong will leads me to fulfill long-term goals. Women move into a men's world and apparently physical work is important (nah, maybe not). But here we go... these places are good for a new start into professional life and help to bring along an important career step.
Also in the region I'll find my intents and wishes and I'll discover secret sexual preferences (not again!). It will be a quite painful experience if I try to use sex as a means to get power and influence (ooops!).

The brown line means I'll get a step closer to my true calling. (Glasgow?)

Interesting ... I guess the stars do see the start of my career there, so who am I to argue with them and who indeed is Shakespeare -


It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.


hmmm... so however, I'll go to the North and if the stars are right all will be well and even if not, I can make it well all by myself according to good old Will ;o)

the blue line is quite brilliant too ... east from that line I will present myself completely different to how I am usually. I might even get a new haircut (hehe!) and decide on a flamboyant lifestyle. I'm magically drawn to the eccentric and I might start to study astrology here (ehm...).

astro.com is quite amusing ... and so right sometimes. Today they've told me that I've got myself into too many projects and I'm doing a lot more for certain projects than I should. Stupid Mr. Birdsong! Spammed me all day with stupid emails... and the project is already one team member down.

I've decided to give you a small insight into my weekend entertainment... the Oscar round table was quite amusing, even if Kiki crashed three times while I attempted to watch it on the original website. Fortunately it is available on youtube now. I found my usually admired George Clooney a bit tiresome though. He was talking ALL the time, but then he and James had quite a few funny moments and they ended up having this Clive Owen running gag ... brilliant. So here is one clip of the whole bonanza in which they talk about the Paparazzi and living close to Britney ... "Just ignore it.(...)We do what Clive Owen does, he's a solid guy."

And if you feel like it, watch this.

I'll end this post with very good news. After dieing on me at least 5 times this weekend, I researched what might be wrong with Kiki and found it is something that happens to a lot of Laptops and I found those crazy computerkids who regularly open their laptops and clean the fan (ventilator) because all the dust stops it from working.
I will NOT open poor Kiki! But I did blow some air into the fan area ... nothing happened. But then a day later out of nowhere and after having been on strike for 4 weeks, the fan decided to go back to work. At first I was scared by the noise and thought "that's it, Kiki explodes any minute now", but then I realized that it was a familiar and good sound. So things are good now, Kiki hasn't crashed once till the fan strike ended...

No comments: