Wednesday 23 January 2008

Well, There Will Be No Oscars This Year ... For Me

Even if the writers let the show go ahead, for me it's dead.

Why you ask? As I'm known to have given one of the best Oscar parties ever ... including a 5h-Pride&Prejudice-Marathon the night before and lobster served just in time for the red carpet arrivals, this might surprise you! But then most probably it won't considering the "end" of that Oscar party. And "end" means actually pretty much the beginning of the award ceremony which started with Clive Owen losing the best supporting actor award to Morgan Freeman... which was completely stupid. I like Morgan Freeman ... but just judging by their portrayal of those specific characters and not taking in account that it was time Morgan got an Oscar, Clive so should have won it! So the rest of the ceremony was just really annoying to watch... specially as it was in the middle of the night here in Europe.

So what has caused the offence this year? James McAvoy didn't get nominated for Atonement. There I was not minding that Keira didn't get the nod and totally convinced I had read somewhere that James did, but NO.

At least Atonement was given a best movie nomination, but as it won the Golden Globe I highly doubt it will be awarded again.

hmmmph! and if you look at the nominees ... I'm sorry but what about those "western" movies? What is that all about? Admittedly I haven't seen them yet, but the trailers are not very convincing.

so, excuse me while I'm sulking a bit more ...

okay done. Who cares, for me James won it already, just as Clive did those few years back.

Speaking of my new obsession, I found this hilarious interview yesterday...

He is charming, indeed!

Do you know what that was?
That was a scottish vacuum of charme.
(...) like two positives cancelling each other out and there'd be a huge implosion of the time continuum.

You remember that astrology line that went right through Glasgow in my last post ... hmmm, I LOVE the accent, maybe I should move there. I mean I loved Scotland when we went there last year, but we didn't really meet too many people with a heavy accent. As long as they speak like James I understand them and it's HOT. If they speak like Sir though... I don't have a chance.

No comments: