Monday 18 February 2008

In English Please

It's time to talk about another one of my obsessions... this time the most "secret" one.

I've just secured two tickets for me and the other girl in this secret society, so that we can go and see the pretty boy together with Nick Hornby in a few weeks time. We are very excited... I mean Nick Hornby AND our pretty boy! Now all we'd need would be for Hugh Grant to turn up too, but then we might not like where this could be going as he recently developed a habit of going to student parties and picking up girls half his age... but then, ehhh...

Nah, but I do like that the tickets promise us a party after the book part of the evening... I might have to bring forward my hair appointment ... *joking* (okay, maybe I am serious).

Anyway, so I was just randomly looking for our secret obsession on youtube and what can I say, it's brilliant. There is this movie he'll be in that they shot in Germany but in English and I found this diary ... and oh my, it's so funny how they all try to speak English ... embaressing at times, but all in all endearing and heart-warming.



One of my favourite moments in this clip occurs at around 1.37 when the director suddenly says in German:

"Klaus, was is'n das für'ne Optik da oben?"


and then...

"Matthias! Komm mit mir mein Süßer!"


ahhhhhh! brilliant! and M. totally ignores the "advances" and says "Oh my God it's freezing..."

also note one of the Fiennes brothers, who we remember being "hated" by Colin Firth for always getting the girls in his movies... wait a second, was that really so? anyway, that's all the Fiennes brothers will ever be for me!

another classic in the end, when the director freaks out by M. walking through the rain.

brilliant... it feels like if I would ever do a movie in English, the making of would be just as ... awkward:



Bless his heart! Makes me love him even more!

and if you wanna cringe some more...



CRINGE!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love his hair. And I am afraid we are sharing the same German accent... I like his explanation of the wardrobe - "Now it looks good." Well...

Anonymous said...

"I´m away!" is also a pretty nice one.

factory girl said...

There are so many priceless moments!

And yes, his hair is amazing! I keep staring at it...

As I said, if I would do a movie in English... it would be just like this... being no native speaker is tough. It's so cute though, makes him seem a bit more human + we kinda share the same background, I just saw an interview where he talked about his Grandma's "Kompott". I think we could be the perfect match...