Thursday 6 March 2008

Do You Know What We Could Get At Primark For That?

I was wondering why the 75 GBP hotel rooms turned out to cost just 100 Euros a few weeks back, but I didn't really think about it... I was just happy and when I did my little budget plan yesterday, it suddenly hit me.

The bloody exchange rate is incredibly fantastic. Yesterday it was at 1.3 ... that's compared to 1.5-1.55 when I lived in England for 6 months.

Which basically means you get 100 GBP for 130 Euros at the moment... while last year you had to hand over 150 Euros ... that's 20 Euros less! AMAZING!!!

Now I'm not gonna dwell on the hundreds of Euros I "lost" last year, coz that's life for ya. No, I'm just gonna be very, very happy that we can "save" a bit of money this year. Cos honestly it's exactly what I was searching for looking at my budget...

So this makes me think, that the whole exchange rate thing is a good omen and I'm therefore quite positive that the airport strike won't affect our trip to Cornwall.

Now all I need is some spare money that I could just invest in GBP ... and then sit and wait till it turns into pure gold!

On a completely different note:
The X Files' dodgy villain Agent Krycek is now a pastor on Men in Trees, who decides to abandon his church for the former town whore.

No comments: