Thursday 10 April 2008

Finally

I've been waiting for this moment for 13 months...
Gary Neville finally returned to first team action last night. Sir brought him on for the last 10 minutes and look who's a very happy boy...

And The Sun wouldn't be my favourite tabloid, if they didn't manage to sum it all up in a way that not just warms my heart but makes me laugh as well:

The England right-back came on as an 81st-minute sub to a standing ovation and a cheer louder than that for Cantona — which said everything about how special a moment it was.

Old grumpy chops Neville just about cracked a smile as he entered the fray, took the armband off Rio Ferdinand and got on with the job.

Mind you it was six minutes before he touched the ball, which caused some amusement.

Sir was playing him in midfield of all places... hihi! And every time he touched the ball, there was a gigantic cheer from the crowd... needless to say, I had tears in my eyes by then.



Good to have you back, Darling!

I've missed you LOTS!

No comments: