Monday 7 April 2008

My New Neighbour Is Invading My Private and Public Space

Some of you already know about my new neighbours. Here is an update on the situation.

There has been construction work going on in the apartment next to mine for over a month now ... and the lady who lived there, seems to have moved upstairs to live with her mother. It's a bit sad... they both seem to be very ill ... and DEAF! For years the woman next door "terrorized" me with her loud TV ... I mean LOUD, I could clearly hear what the TV people were saying! Now that she has moved upstairs, the sounds come from a different point but they are still there. But I have to admit nevertheless I like these ladies ... in a weird way.

But that new woman next door ... WEIRD!

She moved in and listened to Techno/Europop very LOUDLY on her first day + she has a door mat with a grinning cat on it, which in itself isn't horrible... but she is 35 or something and looks really boring... so the door mat seems out of place!

And now when someone comes to visit us, they need to take a pill against trashy taste before they enter the building, because when I left the house one day last week, I didn't believe my eyes ... but she really put this on the stairs halfway down to the next level...


yes, it IS a fake palm tree and those little dots you see... check the close up


click pic to enlarge


yep, fake little birds!

OMG, she's shameless!!!

She must have moved here from Marzahn or something. This is SO not Friedrichshain ... I mean if this was "sarcastic", okay, THEN it would be eccentric! But the vibes I get through my wall say that she's damn serious about her fake plants and birdies.

The miaudonna wants to pin little messages for her onto the tree every day. I like the idea ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know when I've laughed so hard as I did having read this post as it culminated in the picture of those nonsensical birds.

Uniquely interesting blog; a good read.

factory girl said...

thx! you made my day!